Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Tuesday, June 08, 2004
More On The Draft
Miscellaneous notes on the draft:
- Anaheim Angels Blog notes that Luis Rivera, the Angels' third pick overall in the fifth round, was born on the day Donnie Moore gave up the winning home run to Dave Henderson in Game 5 of the 1986 ALCS. Evil!
- The Chisox picked Ray Liotta in the second round. Though a fine actor, I have my doubts about the 48-year-old's ability at the plate...
- In the same round: Billy Buckner. No, in case you were wondering, like I was, he's no relation to the infamous ex-Dodger and ex-Red Sox.
- The Dodgers picks: College: 10, High School: 6 (including 3 of the first 5), Juco: 4, Other: 0. Position Players: 11, Pitchers: 9. So much for the Dodgers' Moneyball draft.
- Best names: Angel Salome, Wes Swackhamer (is that a slugger's name or what?), Daniel Batz (boy is he ever what the Dodgers need more of), Brent Grandstrand, Jacob Wild (rhp).