Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Late Roster Notes
- Suggestions that the Dodgers' relations with Boston's front office had chilled, made in yesterday's Murray Chass piece about a possible tampering charge, are apparently incorrect according to the Los Angeles Times.
- Jason Schmidt came to the Dodgers because of his relationship with Ned Colletti and trainer Stan Conte. Luis Gonzalez joined the club because he thinks he has a better chance of getting into a World Series with the Dodgers than with the Orioles.
- The Red Sox are no longer pursuing Eric Gagne, but Cleveland and Texas might still harbor interest.
- Former Athletic Jay Payton has signed with Baltimore, for two years/$9.75M.
- The Rockies are in talks with the Astros to move Jason Jennings, possibly for a package of two pitchers.
- The Giants have signed reliever Steve Kline to a two-year, $3.5M deal.
- Former Athletic Mark Mulder might be making a return to the AL West, only this time he could be in a Rangers uniform. Mulder is flying to Dallas to speak with Rangers owner Tom Hicks on Tuesday.
- The Rangers also signed OF Marlon Byrd to a one year deal, salary undisclosed.
- Padres 2B Todd Walker has accepted arbitration.
- 43-year-old ex-Padre David Wells is thinking about returning.