Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Catching Up On Stuff You Might Already Know
- Juan Pierre will miss 4-6 weeks with his knee injury, the first time in his career he's gone on the DL. If it weren't for the fact that the Dodgers don't know a good player from a bad one, this might have a tonic effect on their team lineup, but no.
- Brett Tomko was picked up by the Padres off waivers from the Royals.
- Troy Percival might hit the DL with a hamstring injury. Percival gave up two runs in the top of the ninth but the Rays held on to win 5-4 over the Red Sox, retaining their hold on first place and extending their lead in the AL East to a game and a half.
- Felix Hernandez will miss his next start because of a strained ankle, and Ryan Rowland-Smith will make his first career start in his stead.
- The Brewers activated Eric Gagne from the DL. The Brewers won't say whether he's going to close or not.