Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Friday, June 13, 2008
- Rafael Furcal has been shut down from all baseball activity and is working with a physical therapist. He apparently has a bulging disc in his back.
- Jason Schmidt may resume his rehab work next week.
- Andruw Jones, on his surgically repaired knee:
"I can sit more on my back leg," he said. "Before, it was collapsing from pain or whatever. Now I can wait for the ball. I'm looking at a lot of tapes and I can see what I was doing wrong."Wasn't he supposed to be perfectly healthy?
- Nomar Garciaparra is on pace for a June 25 return date, in the middle of the Chisox series.
- The White Sox are expected to release Esteban Loiaza after a 10-day experiment in their bullpen. He apparently hasn't been working out prior to his acquisition by the Chisox, and was only able to get his heater into the high 80's.
- Troy Tulowitzki is nearing a return date for the Rockies; he's 0-for-5 in his minor league appearances so far.
- J.J. Putz has a hyperextended right elbow and is day-to-day.
- R.A. Dickey's career as a knuckleballer may finally be taking off, as he's joining the Mariners' rotation. It kind of amazes me that he never stuck in Texas.
- Ex-Angel/Dodger Jeff Weaver was released from his minor league contract by the Brewers.