Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Giants Deal Durham, Other Roster Notes
- The Giants traded Ray Durham to the Brewers on Sunday, for LHP Steve Hammond and OF Darren Ford, both minor leaguers, and cash considerations. The Giants are also considering moving closer Jack Taschner.
- Giants' OF Dave Roberts was moved to the 60-day DL; he is thought to be nearing a return in the coming week from knee surgery.
- San Francisco reliever Keiichi Yabu hit the 15-day DL with a sprained right middle finger; the Giants purchased the contract of LHP Geno Espineli from AAA Fresno to take his place on the roster.
- Carlos Silva left his Sunday start early with back pain after allowing four runs in three-plus innings, getting tagged for the loss in a game the M's ultimately dropped 6-2 to the Indians.
- The Mariners activated closer J.J Putz from the 15-day DL for a hyperextended elbow. To make room on the 25-man roster, Ryan Rowland-Smith was optioned to AAA Tacoma. Putz may be used in conjunction with Brandon Morrow for save opportunities, but given the way the M's aren't hitting, save opportunities will be a problem.