Saturday, July 05, 2008
- It's been a bad day for the Rockies, as Troy Tulowitzki will hit the 15-day DL for an injury that occurred when he slammed and shattered a bat after being taken out of yesterday's game. A splinter from the bat went into his thumb, requiring surgery; he will be out an unspecified period of time.
The Rocks also demoted pitcher Greg Reynolds to AAA Colorado Springs, and recalled OF Seth Smith and LHP Glendon Rusch. (Via BTF.)
- Former Dodger and Angel Jeff Weaver has signed a minor league deal with Cleveland.
- The Rangers placed RHP Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day DL and purchased the contract of RHP Dustin Nippert from AAA Oklahoma.
- In related news, Texas starter Vicente Padilla injured his collarbone and thumb on his pitching hand in Friday's start against Baltimore, and may not make his scheduled Wednesday start against the Angels at Arlington.
- Bobby Crosby hit the 15-day DL with a strained right hamstring, retroactive to July 3. Oakland recalled INF Gregorio Petit from AAA Sacramento to take his place on the 25-man roster.