Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Howie Kendrick's A DadHowie Kendrick's son Owen Howard arrived on Christmas, so naturally we're hearing about it now ...
“It was the craziest thing,” Kendrick said in a telephone interview from his home in Arizona, after working out to get ready for spring training. “It’s the one day you don’t want to have your birthday on, because you hear kids get cheated by having their birthday on Christmas.”
New Angels Fan Blogger At The RegisterEllen Bell introduces herself, and OMG grew up a Cubs fan? Amazing. Her blog is called The Afternoon Angel; sidebar links coming.
The 4+1 Game Aired Sunday, And All I Got Was This Closed CaptionI saw the 4+1 game was being rerun on Sunday, and fortunately got in at just before the good part. What killed me was the captions -- I could not get them to go away. Surprisingly, this wasn't the cable company's fault, but (I suspect) Denon's, the maker of my AV amp (which I slagged for its awful remote). Magical things happen and there's not always a menu item where something can be fixed, so I watched the entire freaking sequence of four home runs with closed captioning over the players' faces.
- Hiroki Kuroda threw off a mound for the first time, and was pain-free. Shoulder tendinitis prevented him from doing so earlier.
- Chin-Lung Hu continues to complain of sporadic vision problems.
- Russell Martin will run for the first time today...
- Andre Ethier's arbitration case is scheduled for today.
- Gary Matthews, Jr. has a positive attitude, which is a good thing considering how little else he brings to the Angels, skill-wise.
- Dustin Moseley will sit out today with flu-like symptoms.
- Eddie McKiernan, last seen pitching at single-A Cedar Rapids, will join the Angels major league camp as an NRI.
- Kelvim Escobar is ahead of schedule.
Angels To Honor Preston Gomez With A PatchThe Angels will honor former coach Preston Gomez with a uniform patch, according to Michael Becker at the Press-Enterprise. (Also at MLB.com and the Times, but unfortunately, with no pictures.)