Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
More Changes From The New CBA
An interesting long-form article at ESPN about the many changes coming due to the new CBA. Among them:
- Allowing teams from the same division to meet in the playoffs before the league championship series.
- A ban on all visible tattoos, and any tattoos of commercial logos.
- Pace-of-game violations of up to $10,000 after the sixth violation. This means things like stepping out of the batter's box or taking too long to deliver a pitch.
- Plays subject to instant replay will expand to include fair/foul calls, fan interference calls, and caught/trapped calls. These are still subject to approval from the umpire's union. (Why they haven't added another umpire to the crews yet I have no idea, but it seems to me to make sense.)
- Bans team officials and players from contesting official scoring decisions, instead making it mandatory that this go through the league offices.