Thursday, December 08, 2011
More Linkies On A Momentous Day
- Turns out the Dodgers have a first baseman in the news, too: James Loney wrecked his Maserati November 14, and was arrested for drunk driving. A song for you, James:
You are now allowed to make jokes about Loney finally hitting something.
Update: Those of you with long memories may recall that was the day the Dodgers announced their new long term deal with Matt Kemp. Jealousy? Out of control celebration?
- Sam Miller has a roundup of how Ken Rosenthal was right and everyone else was wrong about the Angels' pursuit of Pujols. Amazing, and good work, Robo!
- One of my friends on Facebook mentioned that for Astros fans, this has to be pretty ridiculous: their team changes leagues and he's still in their division. Nice...
- Matthew Poulliot projects Pujols' 2012 and comes up with a .310/.429/.605 year with 42 HR.
- The terms of Aaron Harang's deal have been released; he's getting a backloaded 2-year/$12M contract with a mutual option for 2014.
- In more Dodger trades, the team traded Dana Eveland to Baltimore for LHP Jarret Martin and OF Tyler Henson, neither of whom look especially interesting. Martin is 21 and had a 5-12 record with a 4.96 ERA for single-A Delmarva. Henson is 23 and hit .247/.313/.321 with AAA Norfolk last year.
- Jon has some thoughts on the consequences of the new TV deal for the Angels as it will eventually affect the Dodgers.