Tuesday, January 18, 2005
- The Dodgers signed Eric Gagné to a two-year, $19M deal, avoiding arbitration.
- The Angels signed Jose Molina ($725,000), Scot Shields ($925,000), and Jerrod Washburn ($6.5 million), all to one-year contracts.
Update: ESPN provides the dollar figures on these contracts. Josh Paul has been offered $335k, league minimum, in arbitration.
- The A's signed Octavio Dotel (1 year/$4.75M) and Bobby Kielty (1 year/$875k).
- The M's signed Ron Villone to a two-year contract. Rotoworld tags the dollars at $4.2M.
- The Cubs signed Corey Patterson ($2.8M) and Kyle Farnsworth ($1.975M) to one-year contracts, according to Rotoworld. Update: ESPN gives the values on these contracts, and also reports the signing of Michael Barrett to a 3 year/$12M deal.
- The Rockies signed Jason Jennings (2 years/$7M) and Joe Kennedy (1 year/$2.2M).
- The Padres signed Sean Burroughs to a 1-year, $1.675M contract.
- The Diamondbacks agreed to a 1-year/$330k contract with RHP Brandon Lyon.
- Former Dodger Alex Cora signed a two-year deal with the Indians, dollars unknown.
- Former Dodger Guillermo Mota signed with Florida, for one year and $2.6 million. Do you think that, combined with Paul Lo Duca's $18M/3 year payday, the Dodgers would have been better off?
- A little old, but better late than never: the Rangers came to terms with 2B Alfonso Soriano, for $7.5M and one year. Texas Rangers Blog is not appreciative, but these things happen.
- Update: The Dodgers and Brad Penny are close to a contract. Penny wants $5.7M, and the Dodgers are asking for $4.7M, presumably for one year.