Thursday, November 03, 2005
Pickoff Moves, Bedtime Edition
Front Office Moves
- The Dodgers' hemorrhaging continues with Glenn Hoffman moving to the Padres as their third base coach.
- Steve reawakens with a kickass commentary about who should be the next Dodgers GM:
Hire. Kim. Ng. Why is this difficult? Why wasn't this announced, like, when you fired DePodesta? Like there were other candidates?Hell, yeah!
Gerry Hunsicker just went to be the number 2 guy...at Tampa Bay! Tampa Bay! The #2 guy behind another 28-year-old. That's this guy.
Get with it. This is the 21st Century. This is Los Angeles. Let's see what she can do. And if she sucks, she too can have the high honor of having a "Fire" blog named after her. Because that, my friends, is the G__ D____ American Way.
Update: Ask and ye shall receive. Kim Ng will interview today, according to the Long Beach Press-Telegram.
- Mike Veeck and Bill Murray (yes, that Bill Murray) have offered the GM chair of the Canadian-American League Broxton Rox to Theo Epstein. "It's assumed that Epstein is looking for a greater challenge," the team said. But I assume they're higher on Theo's list than the Dodgers...
- Roberto Alomar unretired? Seriously?
- The Pads traded Brian Lawrence for Vinny Castilla and cash. Joe Randa, the third baseman San Diego had acquired in a midseason trade with the Reds, filed for free agency and is not expected to return.
Reds SoldControlling interest in the Cincinnati Reds was sold to a group led by Robert H. Castellini. The old partners were expected to stay on in a minority capacity.
Also, the McStupids can not afford to let her leave before they can actually scrape up a GM because SOMEBODY has to run the sinking ship (LaSordid has proved that he can not).
I fell sorry for Ng, Logan White and all true Dodgers fans.