Thursday, September 13, 2007
2007 Minor League Park FactorsIt's been over three years since I last looked at these, but Dan Szymborski has calculated new minor league park factors. The old numbers from Baseball America seem to have been never updated subsequently, so this is a very good thing. For the teams this blog covers:
|Salt Lake City||1.06||1.05||1.00||0.96||1.01||0.89|
I ran the numbers myself based on the Travs' complete season, and got the following:
My version looks like Dickey-Stephens is suppressing homers at a staggering rate.+--------+--------+--------+--------+ | hr | 3b | 2b | 1b | +--------+--------+--------+--------+ | 0.5370 | 1.8000 | 0.6794 | 0.9507 | +--------+--------+--------+--------+
Dodgers Still Seeking Radio Flagship For 2008The Dodgers are still looking for a new radio home:
The Dodgers haven't lined up a flagship station for next season. KFWB 980's five-year contract with the team expires at the end of the season and a source within the station said an offer on a new deal has been taken off the table.
The offer, the source said, was less than the $7 million a year the station is paying for rights. KFWB General Manager Patrick Duffy declined to comment.
Another source said KABC 790 is in line to be the new flagship, but John Davison, KABC's general manager, and a Dodgers spokesman had no comment.
- The swelling in Gary Matthews, Jr.'s ankle has subsided "a lot".
- Juan Rivera thinks the team may have written him off:
"I think they think I'm not 100%," said Rivera, admitting to having a sore left knee. ". . .They have their team, guys who have been playing every day. I have to wait until next year to play."
Scioscia took exception to Rivera's perception.
"We have not written him off this year," Scioscia said. "We're going to give him a chance to contribute . . . and see where it leads, but right now, there are some bats that are doing the job and getting the opportunity to play."
- The Angels recalled Tommy Murphy as GMJ-insurance, and he even got an at-bat in during last night's game.
- Former Dodger Odalis Perez's season is over thanks to knee troubles. It looks like the Royals will not exercise his $9M option for 2008; the Dodgers will have to pay half of the $1.5M buyout.
- Derek Lowe missed yesterday's start because of a sore hand he got in workouts playing catch. He is day-to-day.
- Hong-Chih Kuo's season is over, as his recovery from elbow surgery continues.
- Ivan DeJesus is also out, having had thumb ligament repair surgery.
- Andy LaRoche has been kept out of recent games because of back pain he got during batting practice Tuesday.