Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
- Chone Figgins has had his return date pushed back to a week from Friday during the interleague series against the Braves. His hamstring appears to be injured in a different location.
- Vlad Guerrero and Scot Shields flew home to see team physician Dr. Lewis Yocum for knee and ribcage issues, respectively.
- Matt Kemp's penalty for yesterday's altercation is still undetermined.
- David Ortiz has had his hand put in a cast after a partial tear of a wrist tendon. He will miss 2-3 weeks; the Angels will next face the Red Sox July 28-30 at home.
- John Smoltz will have season-ending — and possibly career-ending — shoulder surgery.
- The A's DFA'd Lenny DiNardo. Andrew Brown will start a rehab stint today.
- Update: Noah Lowry may not pitch again this year pending results of an MRI into his painful elbow. He has a possible ulnar nerve injury.
- The White Sox have signed former Dodger Esteban Loaiza. Loiaza was released to make room for Clayton Kershaw on the 25-man roster.
- Update 2: The Rangers made a series of roster moves that started with the recall of RHP Kameron Loe from AAA Oklahoma, and purchasing the contract of RHP Elizardo Ramirez from the same club. "The Rangers also placed rookie left-hander A.J. Murray on the 15-day disabled list with a left rotator cuff strain and optioned infielder Travis Metcalf to Oklahoma." Also, Vicente Padilla, on bereavement leave in Nicaragua, will return Thursday to make his regularly scheduled start on Friday.