Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Random stuff I missed lately:
- The Washington Nationals called up former Dirtbag Marco Estrada, giving my alma mater a full 12 players in the Show. Also via AP and MLB.com.
- Closers closed down: The Mets and Cardinals have shut down Billy Wagner and Jason Isringhausen for the season, both with elbow injuries.
- The A's will likely use Joey Devine as their closer instead of Huston Street. Devine has a 0.91 ERA in 29.2 innings with Oakland this year.
- Sean Gallagher and Justin Duchscherer will both rest; Duchscherer is complaining of pain in the same hip that was surgically repaired last summer.
- The Reds released former Dodger catcher David Ross.
- Former Dodger draftee (but not signee) Luke Hochevar went on the 15-day DL with a rib injury. Hochevar has a 5.51 ERA with a 6-12 record in 129 innings pitched over 22 starts.
- Ian Kinsler was placed on the 15-day DL Monday with a sports hernia that may put him on the DL for the balance of the season.