Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Sunday, October 04, 2009
- Jason Bulger was pulled from yesterday's game with shoulder tightness.
- Ozzie Guillen, who does not control the purse strings in the South Side, thinks Chone Figgins will be too expensive for the White Sox. Chicago has already picked up Jake Peavy and Alex Rios, so a tall-dollar offseason free agent acquisition is unlikely.
- Brad Lidge is out as closer for Philadelphia, with middle relief man Ryan Madson taking over. Madson has six blown saves in 16 attempts.
- Boston's Tim Wakefield is almost certainly done for the year with a back injury.
- Also possibly missing the first round of the playoffs: OF Rocco Baldelli, with lingering tenderness in his right hip flexor.
- Boston reliever Manny Delcarmen was in a car accident Friday, but should be okay for the ALDS despite minor back and neck injuries.