Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
Random Bullety Stuff
- The Dodgers have hired ex-LAPD chief William J. Bratton. While nice (and yet another nod in the direction of hiring an ex-Beantown resident), this doesn't strike me as being sufficient in itself. More security.
- The Register is restarting its Dodgers coverage, after what seemed a long stretch of being at sea; the paper was buying its coverage from the Daily News group of papers, but otherwise paid little heed to the team north of the Orange Curtain. I was pleased, therefore, to see that the Reg has a new Dodger blogger who gave me a nice link yesterday. Thanks, Howard Cole. Linky coming presently.
- Similarly, there's been some link cleanup on the sidebar. Older blogs who haven't been updated in a while (that being subjective) are now gone.
- Ivan DeJesus was optioned to AAA Albuquerque prior to today's game. The return to the 25-man roster was Casey Blake, coming back from a 15-day DL stint.
- Update: Erick Aybar's MRI revealed a left side strain. Sounds like a trip to the 15-day DL.
- Update 2: No. Effing. Way. The Dodgers are bringing back John Ely. Mind. Blown.