Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, February 04, 2004
Where's We Sittin' Again, Honey?
The Angels ticket office called my wife a few minutes ago to inquire if we were going to re-up our season 20-pack. Well -- why should we? On the one hand, it is a pretty good deal -- about 30% off single game prices IIRC. That said, I had a few qualms about handing over what amounts to a third of a season ticket price:
- We ought to get better seating than walk-up customers. Last year, we sat in sections 425 and 415 -- the front rows of the upper deck, and consistently, walk-up customers were getting better seats than us.
- 20 games is a freakin' lot, especially if you have to hightail it down from Culver City (where I work) to get to the stadium.
- No day games! Try as I might, I just can't get my head around the idea that leaving work to go to a day game is a productive use of my time.
- No Yankee games. Their "fans" are frequently louts and boors.
- It's cheaper to buy 20 games from somebody with season tickets. Well, duh, but it also means you have to find somebody you can trust to make that split with. And it almost costs the same to split a season with somebody than it is to buy 20.