Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I'm Late, I'm Late
Sorely overdue bullet points (in some cases, literally) —
- Russell Martin will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks with a groin strain; obviously, this will mean he will miss some of the regular season. During that time, A.J. Ellis will take over behind the dish for him. Jon does some fantastical mind-reading.
- Casey Blake strained a ribcage muscle but was feeling better the next day.
- Garrett Anderson is trying out first base...? Huh?
- Willie Davis died yesterday, at 69; here's his Times obituary. Also, Jon.
- Nomar Garciaparra is retiring with the Red Sox after signing a one-day contract.
- OF Chris Pettit will have season-ending surgery to repair his shoulder labrum, injured jumping over a catcher while attempting to score, during winter ball in the Dominican.
"I haven't had anything [happen] that I can control," he said. "I had a broken foot running in the outfield and a [broken] hamate is pretty common in baseball. It's tough when you can't control it."