Proceeds from the ads below will be donated to the Bob Wuesthoff scholarship fund.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Angels Survive Another Bullpen Giveback: Angels 6, Rangers 5Bobby Abreu's bases-clearing double in the sixth was the big news in this game, one which dampened the Rangers' title hopes after hauling Vlad Guerrero back to the park he had played so many games in over the last four years. He never did get his wish to hit 50 homers in a single year, but he did get a standing ovation from the assembled crowd. He also belted a two-run homer off Kevin Jepsen, which seems about par for the late-innings course for the Angels bullpen these days.
Ely, Kemp, Loney All Get 'Er Done To Take San Francisco Series: Dodgers 4, Giants 2John Ely finally got his first win since May 22, Matt Kemp made a pair of fine catches to save his pitcher, and James Loney came up big with ducks on the pond. Winning on the road against teams ahead of you in the standings — nothing finer!
Angels Get To Face Unknown Minor Leaguer Omar BeltreI'm not optimistic about the outcome. On the other hand, he is a righty, albeit with very good strikeout rates (10.5 this year with AAA Oklahoma City).
Aramark Releases All-Star Game MenuI got this a couple days ago, but I'm not sure if this doesn't represent anything I didn't already know; what I think is the most useful info is the changes in concessions, probably covered elsewhere, but here for completeness:
- Clyde Wright’s Bar-B-Que (Gate 1) - Traditional Tennessee barbecue, developed with former Angels’ All-Star pitcher Clyde Wright
- Diablo’s Fierce Barbeque (sections 127, 244 and 416) - Classic, saucy sandwiches and sides
- Major League Deli (Section 223) - Specialty sandwiches from around the league (including the house-braised pastrami, California turkey club, corned beef and more)
- Major League Dogs (sections 259 and 424) - Famously “topped” hot dogs from around the league, including the Angels “Halo Dog” (bacon-wrapped 6/1 all-beef hot dog, topped with charro beans, shredded jack cheese and pico de gallo salsa)
- Toro Sushi (Section 124) - Sensational sushi, sake & Japanese beers (prepared fresh in front of guests)
- Panini Café (Section 112) - Gourmet grilled sandwiches, fresh salads and wine
- CHIX (Section 103) - Everything chicken, prepared fresh (mixture of healthy and tasty chicken offerings)
- The Grand Stand (throughout the stadium) - Reinvented classic ballpark fare
- Sweet Spot (sections 103 and 412) - Ice cream, cookies, candy and more (offering specialty candies and confections)